Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Digg Popular for a Reason

Digg.com is by far one of the most popular new blogging sites on the net. In my opinion it is the future of online news, much in the way that The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are often thought of as more impartial than many of the major networks. Dig has many of the feature I mentioned I like in College Humor, but it is still very different. It has a different variety of news stories, some funny and satirical, while others are very serious debates on politics and the other popular issues. I like it better than regular news because there are opinions and the issues that get to the top are based on popularity, not some lame network executive deciding what is important.
Digg, Collegehumor, and Bustedtee's are all partners in a way, which is probably one reason why I like all of them so much. All in all I can see the way eMarketing techniques are used in all of them. The site design, customization, and entertainment value in all of them is outstanding and they try to integrate the advertising and promotion into the site itself, not as an annoying separate entity. I think that is the key, and it is what we will see more of in the future.

No comments: